Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Greetings - from our family to yours

Oh we pray that your year was as perfect as ours, but I doubt it was!

At the end of January, our sweet little Jameson Javier was born. It was the easiest pregnancy ever and he popped right out -
just like everyone says – I am the baby machine –no morning sickness, no swollen feet, no weight gain, no extra belly rolls or acne. Of course I was able to wear my skinny jeans home from the hospital! Thankfully he slept through the night since the day we brought him home and he was potty trained at 3 months old.

As, you all know we have the most precious and easy going 1 and 2 year olds that we adopted from Ethiopia, Jeremiah and Josiah. They too potty trained themselves, so we never had to buy countless diapers for 3 babies each week at Sam’s Club. They also never had parasites, endless diarrhea for months or scabies like I have heard is quite common. I just don’t know what we would do without them organizing our cabinets and pantry, taking away Jameson’s bottle to keep him from overeating and keeping our floors spotless. If you ever call, you will never hear them squealing or fussing loudly in the background because they are likely sitting nicely on the couch while folding laundry. You will also not find them running around naked, standing up in their high chairs or conspiring against me, because they are perfectly trained and dressed at all times.

Joanna, 3, and Jacklyn, 5, are our sweet princesses. These little ladies are always sure to be training their Chihuahuas. Whether it be dressing them up and teaching them to dance, or sliding them down the slide, these dogs can do amazing tricks thanks to these beauties. These girls have many talents besides dog training. They can read chapter books and whiz through trigonometry while painting their fingernails and playing dress up. When we asked Joanna to pick up the dog poop, she informed us that princesses DO NOT pick up dog poop! How could we have made such an oversight! We will soon correct that by adding that to our gardener's duties.

The 3 big kids – Jordan, 9, Julia, 7, and Janae,10 – all speak 5 different languages now and are working on their master’s degrees. They have taken over all of the domestic duties and yard work. Who needs help when I have a gardner/chicken farmer, professional nanny and chef? These kids can do it all and always with a cheerful smile. Not a day goes by that I have to holler at them to stop talking and get back to school work or to clean the house.


Javier has a no stress job and works only a few hours a week. The rest of the week he spends golfing, taking customers out to lunch and playing softball. He never gets frustrated working with Jordan in the batting cage because Jordan swings like a major leaguer and never misses a ball. Javier often comments how quiet and peaceful 8 kids have made our home and he is ready for a dozen more.





As for me, well I just sit by the pool and work on my tan day after day while sipping frapuccinos. I certainly do not have 3 books that I have started to read but never finished. With no interruptions, I just read every book from cover to cover. I also do not count tackling with 8 kids, running after toddlers or lifting 25 lb bags of rice as my workout (of course I have a nanny and personal assistant to do all of that), because I enjoy a few hours every day at an exclusive gym and spa. Thankfully, no black bags, wrinkles or sagging happening on my entire body, because I think every child we add, just takes years off of me.


Well . . . . . . . . . . . . .maybe this will be true next year. Until then, back to wiping bums, holding one baby in each arm and one on my back, giving assignments, sweeping floors, picking silly putty out of the carpet, catching chickens, braiding hair, driving to baseball practice, cuddling with my hubby (yes we still have time for that) and counting my many blessings from the Lord. Without our eternal hope that only comes through the grace of Jesus Christ, this life would leave us empty and burnt out. Through His death and resurection, He has paid the ransom for those who believe and trust in him. He took our place, knowing He would be crucified. Although we fail day after day, He continues to heap his grace on us. He never grows weary of forgiving and restoring us! What can our response be but to worship Him - with our words, our heart and our lives?! Will you lay down your life and worship Him this year? Without it there is NO hope and NO peace.


Mar 10:45
"For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."



Love,

The D family



19 comments:

MommaT said...

You rock! You actually had me going at first. I have 7 kids and was wondering if you were all aliens or make believe people...its nice to dream life like that but reality is even better! God bless you and your family

Unknown said...

Love it, Joy! Great letter!

Kat said...

Beautiful, beautiful sentiments. Thank you for showing the realities, making me laugh, and glorifying God (especially) all in one blog. God is amazing....

Emily said...

Love this letter! You have a gorgeous family!

Kristen said...

Too funny! Great creavitity! Merry Christmas Joy! I do hope your day is sweetly relaxing (one can dream eh?)

rachel said...

haha! that is hysterical! i thought you were serious at first, too! oh and i just linked to that passage on my blog as well!

merry christmas, joy, and may God richly bless you in the upcoming year!

rachel

Rebecca said...

Loved this post! I don't know how you do it!

Mona said...

You had me going until I read about Josiah and Jeremiah not having parasites! Great letter. Merry Christmas to the Diaz Family!

Andrea Hill said...

You had me going too Joy but when I started reading about your pregnancy, I was like hold one girl!!!:) That was beautifully written and yes your family is beautiful and you are one amazing mommy. Life is good when you put God first, isn't it. Because at the end of the day you know it all for HIM. Have a wonderful Christmas season celebrating Jesus' birth. Back to my grants

Krista said...

I, too, was believing that you had the perfect year. . . until you mentioned you "easy" pregnancy & deliveries!!! I laughed through your entire letter--you are so funny! The kids are adorable as ever & I can only imagine the laughs you & Javi had as you took pics of one another golfing/lounging by the pool! Merry Christmas to all 10 of you!

dkt said...

LOVE IT!!! Right there with ya sister!! :-)

Colleen and JF Bertrand said...

I totally thought you were serious at first and thought, "they potty trained at 3 months? HOW???".

Merry Christmas!

Amber said...

I love it! That was great! You guys are such a blessing. Merry Christmas!

Alicia said...

Love the cute photos! You all are a great family! Merry Christmas. Hope that it's just perfect like your year!! :)

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

GREAT letter! :-) Christmas blessings to your family!It has been a joy following your blog all year!
Much Love,
Kristy

Amy said...

Merry Christmas Diaz family!!! Your post had me laughing! Loved it! I'm going to try to have that kind of year in 2010! Love you guys!

Robbin Hopkins said...

great post! You had me going for a second there! Happy new year!!!

Shonya said...

LOL! I started to hate you with the whole 'babies popping out, no weight gain', etc., but when I got to the potty trained at 3 mo I started laughing and just kept laughing all the way through! What a fun way to count your blessings!

Dawn said...

What a beautiful picture....and family!!