Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Welcome to this world little Jameson!


Yes- we officially now have 8 arrows in our quiver and we are praising God! Little Jameson Javier was born this morning at 1:24 am. He is 6 lbs 12 oz and 21 inches long. He is our longest baby yet and right in the middle for weight. He is very white and looks like Jacklyn did as a baby. He has just a little hair compared to our other babies.

The delivery story (may be too much information for some)

Sunday night I was up with a lot of contractions until 5:30 am - nothing too painful, but I couldn't sleep through them. They fizzled out so I rested until later in the morning and had contractions on and off all day Monday. The kids let me get a nap Monday afternoon because I was exhausted from not sleeping that night. At 8:45 pm I had a sudden terrible contraction lasting 4 minutes - then they came hard every 2 minutes. We packed up and got all the kids loaded in the van by 10 pm. We dropped them off at my parents and waited through some more contractions to make sure it was "the real thing" (remember we live 45 min. from this hospital). We got to the hospital at 12:05 and they checked me into triage and I was at 4cm with a lot of pain. I told Javi we came to the hospital too soon. But soon after, my water broke all on its own (the first time ever). Things quickly got worse and I was at 5cm so they put in an iv line and started to move me to the delivery room a little after 1 am. I wanted to walk but struggled to get there because the contractions were almost continuous. When I got there, she suggested I use the restroom before getting monitored in bed. While on the toilet I had a contraction and told her the baby was coming out. At least 5 nurses all instantly showed up and helped lift me in bed and Jameson's head literally popped out seconds after getting on the bed, then I pushed his body out - all without any doctor - the nurses were awesome and did it all. One doctor in the hospital showed up soon after and my doctor on call came minutes later to stitch me up. I went from 5 cm to delivering in less than 20 minutes. It was an amazing whirlwind. Javi got the exciting trip to the hospital in the middle of the night that he was wishing for and I got to deliver a little early and experience my water breaking.

We are obviously so in love and will post pictures as soon as Javi gets the camera cord.

21 comments:

Gary Wood said...

Congratulations! Your family looks sooo.... happy. One of my favorite bloggers grew up in a large family. I thought you and your husband might enjoy reading about it. She writes about all the advantages of growing up in such a family.

www.boundless.org/2005/articles/a0001941.cfm

God bless you!

Cara said...

Congratulations on your new blessing!

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you!!! Praise the Lord you made it to the hospital in time. I can't wait to meet him. Give him lots and lots and lots of snuggles for me! Love you guys so much.

Matt and Lindsey said...

That is truly incredible! What an amazing birth story! Congratulations Diaz family! I can't wait to meet Jameson when the time comes! Praising God with you for your little guy!

Krista said...

Wow! I literally gasped aloud when I saw the title of your blog posting! What wonderful news! Sounds like a whirlwind delivery, too! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of Jameson! Lots of love to the TEN Diaz's!!!!

Rebecca said...

Yeah! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! Rebecca

Julie said...

Congratulations. Sounds like an exciting delivery!

Andrea Hill said...

Wow Joy, what a beautiful delivery story. I am in tears right now reading this that precious Jameson has finally arrived. I am also sooooooo happy for you that this pregnancy is done so you can feel normal again. Congratulations to the most beautiful family in America. Hm, do you think you have a fanclub here in WA State? Love you so much.

Chris said...

Congratulation :)
Did I read the talest one YET? lol
can't wait to see his picture.
Again congratulation.

Jason and Lisa said...

Congratulations. Wow, that sounds like a VERY fast delivery. How exciting to have him here.

rachel said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! welcome to the world baby Jameson!

MIlczarek Family said...

Wow, what a story! Congratulations Diaz family of 10!!!

The Sheppard Bunch said...

I am so happy for you guys! Congrats!!!

Deanne said...

Yeah! Congrats! What an awesome delivery story. Hope mine goes that fast. Deanne

Amber said...

Yeah! Congratulations. You are superwomen!
I can't wait to see pictures!

Dawn said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

The Okrasinski's said...

WOO HOO!! congrats on the new baby boy! We will eat a birthday cake in his honor tonight! Hey! Any good reason for cake is great :) We are so happy for you guys

Jeanne, Jeff and the kids

Mona said...

Congratulations Diaz Family, I am so happy for all of you. You did good, Joy!

Chris said...

Congratulations!!!! What a miracle baby and birth experience!! He is precious and can only imagine all the snuggles and love he receiving already from the rest of your gang. What a way to start the new year off! So many blessings to come to the Diaz family in the last several months.
I am so happy for you all!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! You have eight children and they look so much more put together than my FOUR! You are an amazing woman! Welcome little one!

I wonder...what do those first few days home with baby (known as babymoon) look like with seven other little ones?

Chris said...

Hey girl!
How are you doing ? I am dying for an update when you have a minute . Which I am sure you dont have a minute :)
Hope that everything is good .
How are the 2 little boys with the new baby ?
Take care
Love