Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Our crazy life







*The 3 big kids went to the Renaissance Festival with Grandma and Grandpa

*We bought 17 female chicks that should start laying in 4 months
*Javier started discipling Jordan and I started discipling Janae 1 night a week - it has been so fruitful and such a joy

* 9 out of 10 of us are sick - congestion, fevers, sore throats, coughing

*5 on antibiotics

*Jameson is 6 weeks, 8lbs 14 oz. - he is not gaining enough and doc wants me to supplement

*Jameson has congestion, cough and fever - on breathing treatments - testing for RSV

*I have mastitis = pain/fever/body ache - aggravated/caused by Jameson not eating enough because he is too congested

*My mom helped us today thank goodness

* The weather is beautiful which means besides lots of outdoor play time, we have been getting projects done and eating all our meals outside

7 comments:

Jason and Lisa said...

Wow, you have a lot of sick germies going on. I hope you guys all get better soon.

Amy said...

I am praying that your family gets well soon! Take care!

Chris said...

Wow, I am sorry Joy . Hopefully everyone will get better soon.
I wanted to email you for weeks now , I will do it today :)I love the pictures .
Take care
Chris

Mona said...

I hope you are all feeling better soon and that the 10th family member doesn't catch what is going around. Love the photos, as usual.

Julie said...

Ha, when I first read that I read that you were "disciplining" your kids one night a week and I was wondering how you picked what night and how I could get my kids to behave 6 out of 7 nights :-) Hope you feel better soon.

Jenni said...

Ugh...mastitis is miserable! It's tough when you desperately need the baby to nurse and they can't/aren't able to! I try hot/cold compresses,massage, lots of rest, and nursing baby as frequently as possible, but if it doesn't get better fast you might need to get antibiotics.
I had to supplement for the first time with my last baby; she wasn't gaining either. I couldn't stand to use formula so I use Trader Joes' goats' milk...she only gets 8 oz total a day, but she plumped right up and is doing wonderfully.

Hope you guys are back to feeling better soon!

Andrea Hill said...

Goodness, I am so sorry so much is going on right now. Hope all this cold stuff will be over soon.