Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Josiah and Aunt Carol + video

This is the youngest picture I have of my little love. It is his visa picture, probably taken when he was found and turned into the police.

These pictures were taken with a disposable camera while he lived in the orphanage before we were able to go get him. Look - the walls are lined with cribs w/2 babies in each (and there were many rooms on each floor like this one). Also notice his lack of eye contact. Every single picture from that camera is like that. In the airport ready for his first trip to San Diego to meet relatives.
Josiah with my Grandpa
Let's get the party started!Josiah and his birthday gifts Taking after his daddy in the janitorial business.
Here is a video of Josiah doing his favorite thing
March 16 is Josiah's given b-day. We doubt that he is really 2 yet, but this is the date he was given. The special thing about today is that it is also my Aunt Carol's b-day and tomorrow is Janae's b-day. We celebrated his and Jeremiah's b-days on Sunday. They both LOVE brownies and ice cream (Josiah's not big on cake) so that is what we did.

Josiah also got to go to San Diego with my mom this past weekend for the first time. We wanted to take advantage of him flying free before he turned 2. He did so well and was a real sweetie with everyone. I can't believe that 3 months ago he was the fussy, shy one. I guess he was a blessing to everyone at my grandpa's nursing home too and my grandpa (who has Alzheimer's) "came alive" and talked to Josiah. My mom also said she hasn't seen her mom this happy in a long time. Babies and kids are so good for old people.

4 comments:

Andrea Hill said...

Wow, your little guy looks good and so different from when you got his first picture. I loved watching him on the video. He is so happy and cheerful and a fast runner. The pics are really precious and I am glad Josiah brought so much Joy to your folks in San Diego.

Matt and Lindsey said...

Look at how far Josiah has come! Praise God for how Josiah is bonding with your family! Happy Birthday Josiah! I'm glad he was able to visit your family in San Diego! How fun!

Amber said...

Oh it is such a joy to see him running around and loving life!
Happy birthday!

How are you holding up supermom?

Amber

Mona said...

I love seeing him so happy! And he looks so healthy, too. Happy Birthday to all the Diaz family members born in March! Call me the next time you're in San Diego. I would love to meet you in person.