Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy 10th Birthday Janae!

Hours after birth2 weeks old

18 months

Our neighbor from our last house made this set of beads for Janae for her birthday.


10 years ago I gave birth to a scrawny, elf looking baby with tons of curly hair and a big huge mouth. She was late and losing weight in my womb. It was detected because I had weekly (at least) ultrasounds due to exposure to 5th disease as a teacher. The labor was complicated and her heart beat dropped drastically when my water broke, so I was told to prepare for a c-section. Instead they set up a fountain inside of me to keep her afloat. Amazing! I look back and am so thankful the doctor did not rush to do a c-section which would have affected all my subsequent births.

Because of the scares, we were just so thankful to hold our 5 lb 6oz baby girl. When everyone left the room we both said she was so funny looking, but that didn't even matter. With a little chub, she quickly turned into a beautiful baby and is now a stunning young lady whose heart is worth far more than rubies.

Today Janae and I met Daddy for lunch and then I took her to a store to choose some clothes. She thanked us several times for a great b-day. At night we watched her birth video (a birthday tradition). We will celebrate all the "March girls" in a couple of weeks with cousins and grandparents.

3 comments:

Andrea Hill said...

Happy Birthday Janae! Yeah you look like your mommy stole you from a Mexican family. Look at you now, you are so beautiful.

Matt and Lindsey said...

Happy birthday, Sweet Janae. We were thinking about you yesterday and just couldn't believe that you are 10!!! I'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday!

jeanette said...

Happy Birthday sweet Janae.
I remember being there when she was born -and just how tiny she was!

yes, her heart is worth far more than rubies.