Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy 13 years!


I can't believe it has been 13 years! Javi was 20 and I was 19. He worked days and nights at a grocery and drug store- sometimes as many as 80 hours a week while I finished up college by age 20. What were we thinking? We were crazy in love and learned how to live on a super tight budget - something we are thankful for now. I know the Lord taught us so much through that. Because of having to live on little, mature together and having to wait for God to provide for everything, it grew our faith in Him. We are so thankful for 13 years of marriage and 8 children. As one elderly lady at our Spanish church told us, "All those kids are the fruit of your love" :) - too funny we still laugh about that comment. Te amo Javi!

12 comments:

keelstar said...

Wow! 13 Years! Amazing! Congratulations! Oh, and I love your wedding picture...you guys look SOOO young!!

Chris said...

Happy anniversary to you too JOy ,
I did remember today that it was also your anniversary. Did you get married on Dec 30 th to save on taxes too ;) We did . haha
We just pick up a calzone for dinner and will also go out later . We are both sick with a sinus infection and the girls are in Canada so no babysitter for Ava.
It's ok though .
Again Happy anniversary .
Take care
Hey more pictures of the boys pleasssssssssssse

Matt and Lindsey said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful! You guys do look so young in your wedding picture! :)

Unknown said...

It was a wonderful day that I will always remember! I can't believe it's been that long. It really doesn't seem that long ago. Love you guys! Happy Anniversary!

Dawn said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! 13 years ago, did you EVER dream that you would have EIGHT kids?!?!

Anonymous said...

Congrats - you guys are awesome!

rachel said...

wow, that is too cool! look at all the two of you have done in 13 years! amazing! you look just as beautiful now as the day you were married. i was showing your blog to my mom and sister while i was home for christmas. they were impressed. you are an amazing woman! happy anniversary!

Amber said...

Aww...that is so sweet! Happy anniversary! Thanks for sharing the picture!

Rebecca said...

Holy smokes...you two look like babies!! Congratulations!
Hey, it's funny...I've been thinking of you for the last few days and I took a peek at your blog yesterday...didn't have a sec to comment, but now that I do....LOOK OUT!!! Your kids are, as usual, GORGEOUS!! And, the two additions...beautiful! To see them makes me smile. Remember a year ago? Wow....we've come a long way baby!! Seriously tho, they are so handsome and look so happy. They are blessed to have you as parents.

jeanette said...

I realized this evening I had forgotten to tell you Happy Anniversary on the phone!

waitingarms said...

Happy Anniversary.

Jenni said...

Happy Anniversary!! How blessed you have been!
You must be 3 yrs younger than me because I got married at 19 too and it will be 16 years for us next week.
God bless you as you continue to raise your family for His glory!