Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A week in pictures


Josiah loves to give kisses - nice slobbery ones and a lot of them. The other day I had him and Jeremiah on my lap and Josiah kept kissing him and then he would put his forehead up to Jeremiah's mouth to get a kiss on it. It was too cute.


We did a night of worship/Bible time outside and finished up with roasting marshmallows


My little girls after church



She is actually trying to catch Jeremiah but he keeps squirming away.
They insisted on pictures with their brothers and this is as far as we got.

Jeremiah got 2 bites of ice cream and then I took a picture just in time to catch him grabbing the whole scoop out of her bowl - I think he likes ice cream :).

I bought eggnog for the first time ever and most of the kids love it, but especially Josiah. Look at his funny face - he makes that silly face a lot.

They are doing better, but still grab and stick their fingers in their ears. Here he is after nap even refusing a bottle or food.

We gave Mr. Pudge a haircut and he looks so cute I could eat him!

He has this big red puffy group of pimples or something that is always crusty. It is getting bigger. I have been putting Tea Tree Oil on it (supposedly good for bacterial or fungal things). None of the pictures really show it very good - any ideas what I should do or what it is? My doctor said last week she didn't want to deal with it now. HMMM. Also the big pimple things with puss or sores on his feet can not be chicken pox because they seem to come and go and reappear other places on his feet and they never scab over. I am pretty sure we need to take them to dermatologists in January.

Janae likes to carry him around on her back and he loves it too.

10 comments:

Jason and Lisa said...

What cuties! I love their big smiles. The picture kind of makes the top of Jeremiah's head look like exzema or cradle cap but from how you describe it...HMM. If it is cradle cap, baby oil works (or at least it did with Grant but G's was never bad). Hopefully, someone has ideas and you can get into a dermotologist soon.

Unknown said...

Every single one of your kids is so darn cute, I can't stand it. I can't wait for the day when I can give those boys a snuggle, because I just want to kiss them all over! How do your "littles" like being the "middles" now?

Anonymous said...

Our Ethiopian twin babies had the same skin problems when they came home this past April; they were diagnosed as being severely malnourished. Our wonderful doctor was able to immediately treat their skin issues. The puss-filled sores on Jeremiah's feet are a type of eczema, it could take a couple months to go away as his skin regains nutrition, as will their bumpy skin. That is nothing serious and will only be a matter of time.
Our twins are now free and clear. The red itchy patches on your boys' skin are atopic dermatitis; it is extremely itchy and uncomfortable, especially in such dry weather. Look on WebMD for the best ways to treat it; giving our twins a warm bath every day and then lathering them with Aveeno baby lotion helped tremendously. Our twin boy still has his dermatitis (it is often a life-long problem), for which our doctor prescribed a new cream called Elidel. It's expensive, but clears the dermatitis without lightening the skin like cortisone creams will. Giving them yogurt daily will help greatly with their bone growth and skin renewal. In four to six months they will look like completely different babies! I've seen it myself! Best of luck, Carly.

Andrea Hill said...

Everyone looks just great. I looks like you are having amazing weather in AZ. Good for you. Little Jeremiah looks like your hubby twin.

waitingarms said...

Your babies look so happy - even with skin issues. I am so happy to see Josiah smiling and also the pictures of all your kids just warm my heart.

Alicia said...

Joy! I am so very excited! We just got internet about 30 minutes ago after about a month--so I was so excited to see your babies in your home with you and your kids. They are beautiful and look happier and healthier each day. I'm so glad and look forward now to keeping up to date.

PS If the skin thing is eczema, we had good success with Arbonne baby oil (because it's all natural) applied within minutes after a bath (to lock the moisture in). I'm glad that you have a doctor that is working with you well.

Annabelle said...

We saw a pediatric dermatologist at Phx Children's and he got us in really quickly because we told him our kids were Ethiopian... He seems to like "rare cases". I can't find his name right now, but there is only one awesome guy apparantly. Our sickest little one had the same problem Carly's little one had- malnourished. GOod luck- your family is soo beautiful!

LISA said...

I would try Jojoba oil or Oil of Oregano....all the oregano smells awful! Such cuties you have!!!

Ransomed~Redeemed said...

Dear Joy,
Thank you for commenting on my blog and sharing some of your experience! Your family is beautiful. It is wonderful to be among such like minded families, even if it is just online. ;-) My heart wells with joy whenever I see your beautiful boys at home. Something about God bringing them form orphanages to a loving home just gets me. They are SO handsome. I wish you all God's best for your upcoming delivery! Lucky you, I WISH I was farther along in MY pregnancy! :-)
Bless you dear sister in Christ, Alida w4.
BTW what state are you in?

Ransomed~Redeemed said...

Hi,
Alida here again! I wanted to comment. Coconut Oil is WONDERFUL. it is anti fungal and if you google "COCONUT cures" or coconut oil cures... you'll see what a wonderful blessing it is. It helps regulate weight, can cleanse any ickies out of the system, and can go on and in teh whole body! You can use it on the hair, skin anywhere! Bless you. Alida w4