Monday, November 17, 2008

No- not superwoman

I cringe when people say, "you must be superwoman". No -#1- it is only by God's grace that I take on each day, and coming in #2 - my family helps me a lot. My mom has taken the kids for a whole day each week (for the last couple of weeks) so I could run errands, do paperwork and iron. Today she came to our house and here is just a glimpse of what she did along with the kids. Defrosted our big freezer, helped Jordan keep 3 loads of laundry going, ironed lots of clothes, oversaw lunchtime and cleanup, schooled the kids, read books with them, helped the kids clean up and organize, tackled our big basket of misc. socks and found at least 20 pairs :), had the kids fold and put away all laundry - and that is just what I could see. It was such a blessing after I had a very frustrating day of errands. My parents have also taken our kids most every Friday night for the past 8 years so we can clean an office for a side job and go on a date. My dad even watched all of the kids the other morning for my OB appointment (all by himself). My sister is helping me think of and buy everything for this trip since she has experience adopting and since my mind is mush. So THANK YOU Mom, Dad and Jeanette!

2 comments:

Matt and Lindsey said...

You are definitely blessed with an amazing family Joy! :)

momoffaith said...

Joy- I am just so excited just thinking about your trip and the moment you get to hold the babes. God is so good to give us friends and family to bless us with! S