Monday, June 16, 2008

Baby 6, 7 or 8??

Well, you probably noticed the ticker to the right. Yes, we are expecting at the end of January. I have been very sick the last 2 weeks. I always throw up a lot with every pregnancy and am very tired, so this is nothing new, it is just terrible and it takes the joy away from sharing. I have also been struggling with a low fever for several days which I am a little concerned about. I know it is a "good sign" to be sick and I have been thankful for the down time. I don't think I have ever read so many books to my little ones. They see me laying around and bring me book after book. For that I am grateful for this "yucky" period. My mom has helped me out a lot and my parents are helping this week by taking and/or picking up my kids from Vacation Bible School every day and taking care of them some days since I can't really drive. Luckily yesterday I had a relatively "good" day for church and Father's Day - which was great.

You may remember that we found out we were pregnant in September and I contracted Dengue Fever on our trip to the Dominican Republic which caused me to miscarry. Well, that baby would have been born in May. May is when we got pregnant - so God gave us a sweet gift at a time that brought sad thoughts of what ifs . . .

So we are assuming we will bring our boys home first and that will make this baby #8. Woah! -From 5 kids to 8 kids in a matter of months. Actually with Charina, we will have added 4 kids to our family in a matter or months. Now you may understand my last post better. You see although we had fears about the timing of Charina coming to live with us, God was preparing for this pregnancy and weeks of sickness before we knew anything, by sending her to help us. His ways are much better than our ways.

The Lord has blessed us greatly indeed and we praise Him.

13 comments:

Matt and Lindsey said...

Praise the Lord! We rejoice with you as God continues to bless the Diaz family! YIPPEE!!! :)

Chris said...

OH MY GOSH !!! Joy I am so happy for you :)
It will be a boy so now you will have 4 girls and 4 boys :) Hey maybe twin:))
Congratulation

keelstar said...

Congratulations Joy! I just noticed that ticker and was wondering if it meant another baby was on the way! This is a very busy & exciting time for you guys! I really hope you start to feel better soon! :) Keely

littlemomentsinaz said...

Wow! Congratulations Joy. The Diaz family just grows and grows. I have to admit I am a little jealous but rejoice for God's growth in your family. I will pray that you start to feel better soon.
Stephanie

Andrea said...

Oh my friend, I am so happy for you and your family. You have no idea. Just writing this note makes me choke for happyness. Hey you better watch out with your #4. I might be right there with you if all works out, you know what I mean?

I will also keep praying for your precious baby you are growing. Thanks for sharing this wonderful news.

Holly said...

Congrats! That is so wonderful.

Alicia said...

Congratulations Joy and Javier! What a sweet family the Lord will bring this little one into. May He bless your health. Love, Alicia

Amy said...

Congrats!!!! We are praising God with you!!! It will be great to meet the next three Diaz family members soon!!! Hip hip hooray!!!

Carolyn said...

Congratulations!! I will be praying for a healthy baby and great pregnancy. Praying, too, that your Ethiopian boys come home soon!

jeanette said...

We're all excited to meet the next 3 cousins too! Becca and I are especially excited about the new baby since our family hasn't had a baby in a long time!

Krista said...

Congratulations, Javi & Joy! What wonderful news! Thank you for sharing about God's amazing timing in all of this! What an encouragement!

Jeanette said...

Joy, I was reading Jeanette's blog and she said to pop over on your site to hear your good news! Congratulations! How exciting for your whole family. You are an inspiration and I've been praying for you for some time through Jeanette's blog.

Blessings,
Jeanette R.

The Wilkinson's said...

Joy-
What wonderful news! I am so excited for you guys! God is good to us, isn't he! Oh and by the way, thanks for your advise and encouragement. It was a comfort to read.
Blessings,
Jaclyn