Friday, June 27, 2008

B-days, Ultrasound and 1 yr adoption anniversary


This week Javi and I turned 33 and 32 (respectively). We agreed not to celebrate for a month until I am feeling better and we can do it right (like enjoy some chocolate cake or something :)). Well, today I went in for an ultrasound at 7 am and things appeared normal, although the tech could not tell me anything. Afterwards, Javi really wanted to go out for breakfast and by that time I was feeling up to it. We happened to go to Denny's because it was close and we didn't even think about it, but when we walked in, there was a sign that said "Free meal on your birthday" so he got a free meal. Oh, also our new niece in Dominican was born on my birthday - so it ended up to be a good week anyway.


Overall, my sickness has been better this week. It has not been as brutal most days and I even had one day that I did not get sick once. I think my fever breaking has helped. I am now 9 weeks, so I know I am not done with the sickness, but I am thankful for it being more manageable.


Still no adoption news. Today marks 1 year since we officially started this process (with Zambia). It looks like the earliest we will travel to Ethiopia now is November because the courts soon close down for rainy season. Some of my adoption friends who also started last year with Zambia and who are switching to Ethiopia, hope to travel then too, so hopefully we can travel together or meet up there.

8 comments:

momoffaith said...

Happy Birthday Joy and Javi!!! Congratulations again on your pregnancy! I am glad that everything looks good and hopefully you will be feeling better soon! Love,S

Krista said...

Hi Joy!
Happy Birthday! You & your family have so much to celebrate this week!!! How wonderful to have a healthy ultrasound! I am praying for your adoption & also for your pregnancy!

Andrea said...

Oh Joy, Happy Happy Birthday to you and Javi. So sorry I didn't know it was your birthday. You sure are looking good girl for being pregnant and sick all the time. Keep up the good looks! You guys look beautiful together.

Unknown said...

That is such a cute pic of the two of you! You guys are so cute! Happy b-days, again! So glad everything is okay and you're feeling a teeny bit better! Love to you both~M.

Chris said...

Happy Birthday to both of you. I have to agree with Andrea. Joy you look so good , on my best day i do not look as good as you do when you are sick:) Not fair!!!
Oh Javi you look good too;)
Well enjoy your summer and hopefully you will feel better soon.
Can't wait to hear some news about your little boys in Ethiopia .

dkt said...

Wow! Congratulations!! I'll be praying for your morning sickness--I get it so bad too!

I think as a rule of thumb, if you plan on adopting, you should plan on getting pregnant as well. LOL! :-)

Chris said...

Wow Joy!! So much to celebrate!! What wonderful blessings all around!! Happy Birthday to both of you and congrats on your pregnancy. So I guess that makes you both paper and womb pregnant at the same time!! Hope you get to feeling better and for you to receive more good news about your growing family in the way of a referral for your boys!!
God bless!
Chris

BUILDING WITH 6 said...

Congratulations to your family as well! I pray everything continues well and you have such a growing and beautiful family! What a praise! Love Kami