Friday, August 6, 2010

Pregnancy update



That little sweetie doesn't know that soon he won't be the baby anymore. I have about 12 1/2 weeks left. I am not sure whether to celebrate or cry :). Pregnancy is hard on me, especially trimesters 1 and 3, so I am always anxious for it to be over. I also LOVE giving birth - so if it was up to me, I would just skip to the end. In my opinion, there is NOTHING better - birth and snuggling/smelling my newborns. On the other hand, I have 3 toddlers or should I say "tornadoes"! I will have 4 kids that are 3 and under. I am guessing I will still have 4 in diapers - even though Jeremiah and Josiah do great potty training as long as they are nak*d. So YES - I am scared. I am already exhausted - so it will be overwhelming. My sanity and peace comes in knowing that my joy does not come from my circumstances. I must preach the truth daily to myself that my joy is in Christ alone and that the diapers, messes and tiredness are circumstances that will pass. My joy is in loving Christ and the GREAT mercy and grace he has shown me. I am a sinner that deserves nothing short of God's wrath, yet He has never ending love and grace to give me that I do not deserve. These children are jewels in my crown, gifts, blessings, not burdens and I will rejoice in the children He has chosen to bless me with - oh yes - and I will rejoice in caffeine too :) J/K

7 comments:

Kat said...

You look beautiful and we will pray that God prepares you and you feel rested beyond the hours of sleep you are actually able to get :).

Renae said...

OHHH, I'm with you on the caffeine!;) Praying you have a wonderful last trimester and perfect birth! I love childbirth too....and those handy, dandy epidurals;)!!!

rachel said...

joy you look great! i am getting baby fever myself, but for all the reasons you listed, i am not ready yet! things are going great with Evie, I've been done nursing Indigo since Ethiopia and I have lots of energy. so what do i want to do? go back to being exhausted again! haha! my first trimesters were also hard. and the sleep dep of the baby stage (for my bio kids until they were 18 mo) was soo hard. i dread that the most. if we do start trying, it won't be until 2011. i give you a lot of credit!

hugs!

Andrea Hill said...

You are absolutely gorgeous and with each pregancy you get better and better. I wished the 3rd and 1st trimester wouldn't be so hard on you. And 3 under 3 yeah, I cannot put that in my brain. Praying for extra help when you need it soon.

Sha Zam- said...

3 year old Tornados. I love it and am stealing it!

Amy said...

Okay, seriously, could you be ANY cuter? How come I wasn't cute when I was pregnant? Not fair! Anyway, cracking up about the caffeine!

Anonymous said...

So well-said! Amen.

In Christ, Laura