Thursday, August 5, 2010

Julia's surgery
















Yesterday Julia had surgery to get her tonsils and adenoids out. My mom stayed with all the other kids all day and then traded shifts with me after dinner and stayed the night with her. She was released this morning. She has been a trooper.

Here is the update I sent a friend last night:

It went well. She had a much harder time than I thought with the pain when she first woke up and at that time I was by myself with her and my tears were running, not being able to do anything – thinking I have to stop crying so she will stop crying. Then once they gave her a narcotic – things were great the rest of the time and actually she was hilarious – we all got some good laughs from her dopey, repetitive questions. Now Grandma took over and Janae went to visit and they were having so much fun together that I let Janae stay the night too so they could have a slumber party. They were getting all the ice cream and treats they wanted and movies and board games. Julia kept asking where Janae was when she was loopy – so it was sweet and I think just was so comforted to be with her. It is good for Janae too, who needs breaks just to be a kid and have fun because she is all too serious much of the time and has so many responsibilities.
Thanks for the prayers – I kept thinking “God is perfectly good even if she doesn’t wake up – but please Lord, let her wake up!"
We are thankful for our Jules and are really hoping this surgery will help her breathing and sleeping - so that she will be able to feel rested and refreshed after a night's sleep for the first time in probably 8 years.

3 comments:

Andrea Hill said...

Please tell my Julia that I am still praying for her especially we all had it done together!!!:) What a special day even though it was so painful. Hopefully new beginnings. I am so sorry about the stomach pain and I am hoping she can eat more soon. Love the picture with Julia and her daddy.

Kat said...

So thankful everything went wonderfully. It doesn't matter the surgery, it's never a fun thing!

Mona said...

Hugs and kisses to Julia.