Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Ephrem - part 2

My sister took this picture when she visited the boys in April
This picture is of Ephrem showing us the shirt that we sent him in his first care package

Ephrem immediately was excited to hear that he had a boat load of siblings. He went from no family, to having one of the largest families on his campus! Here are parts of his second and third letters. We did send a small photo album with my sister in April that had everyone's photo with a 3x5 card with their name, birthdate and fun facts about them so he could get to know each one better. He has ALWAYS been so attentive, caring and curious about his siblings. He never misses a birthday (either emailing or skyping) and he remembers everything that is happening with them (illnesses, parties, events etc). Jordan and Jacklyn especially seem to love him a lot. They ask when he can come live with us or when they can see him. Jordan tells everyone we have 9 kids - always including Ephrem as the oldest.

"Hi mama, I am very happy because I was haven’t any brother and sister but in this time I get brother and sister. I want to know about my family more. you can do this? What is our family name? I feeling so bad by I live in the campus because there is not mother and father .there is servant but they are not just like family they assuming is so bad about us. Say hi to my brother and sister and also tell them I am very glad by I have brother and sister.

I don’t know when is my birth day date but you can choose to me. We eat in our campus day to day injera and bread but we have once a week macaroni. (no meat, fruit or vegetables except for 3 times a year) I don’t like our campus food because it is not good but we eat because we have no choice. I also like the same as you chocolate and fruit, from fruit I like to eat banana. How is my dad doing what state do you live and also how is the weather?

I pray to (for) you and to (for) my family always to God give you health and peace. All things are doing by God with out God life is nothing. God wants our heart so we must give our heart to him and he doing every thing for us if that is necessarily. God is the master key of every thing so we must believe him. I am so proud by you want to send to me a bible. This is a good idea because I will be learning what the bible says.

GOD BE WITH YOU AND MY FAMILY FOR EVER!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU MILLION TIMES AND I MISS YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!

your son"

1 comments:

liv said...

Hi, thank you for sharing this! How did you go about sponsoring Ephrem? Did you go through an organization? Please email if you can at livconroy (at) hotmail (dot) com. Thank you!!