Wednesday, March 17, 2010

It's B-day time!



Today Janae is 11! 11 years ago she was born after a lot of scare at 5lbs 6oz. Now she is a young woman and is just 10lbs less than me and her feet are bigger than mine! I knew my kids would be bigger than me eventually, but I didn't think they would pass me up when they were 11 years old! She is such a huge help as a little mommy and teacher. She has had a rough year with mono for several months, so we hope that this next year she is healthier and has more energy.

Yesterday was officially Josiah's 3rd birthday, but we will try and change his birthday to July when we readopt him to change his name and make him a US citizen. We sort of celebrated a little bit yesterday, but hope to have things final by July and really start celebrating then. Last week, we finally got a photo copy of the boys' birth certificates, so now we can finally start the process of readopting them. Josiah got tubes in his ears a few weeks ago, which we are hoping will help his hearing and his speech.

Joanna turned 4 a few weeks ago and she celebrated with her cousin Elizabeth who also turned 4. They had a princess b-day party. Joanna is sure in a cute stage. She is physically beautiful and just so funny and sweet.

9 comments:

jeanette said...

Happy Birthday Janae!
the kids were so glad they got to see you this morning...even if only for a few minutes. :)

Unknown said...

Happy days to all the kids! I'm so glad that we are getting to see them more often. We love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Happy b-day Janae! I can remember your birth more than any of the others. I think partly because we knew you were under stress and the doctor had to work fast to get you out safely. Also because you were our first grandchild and you made us stay up way past my bedtime to see you for our first time. Love you lots and lots - Grandma

Andrea Hill said...

Happy Birthday Janae! You are such a beautiful amazing young lady. What a special gift you are!

StarfishMom said...

I'm not sure I understand why you want to change Josiah's birthday??? Was he a preemie???

Joy said...

With many African children the birthdates are unknown. Since our boys were abandoned, they were given b-days according to when they were brought to the orphanage. The Ethiopian doctors documented that they estimated him to be 12 mo the July that he was first examined and brought to the main orphanage. The American doctors and dentist agree he is not yet 3 years old.

rachel said...

wow, a big month for birthdays!!! that's next month for us. we have b-days on the 7th, 8th and 11th!

happy birthday janae!

Michael and Michelle said...

Hey guys!!!!
My husband and I were on the airplane with you guys in 2008....we were all on our way home with our babies from Ethiopia! I was just checking in to see how things are going!
You have a beautiful family!!!
Michelle
www.mfamilyblog.blogspot.com

Shonni said...

I am new to your blog and wanted to say hi. Your family is beautiful!!!!