Monday, February 15, 2010

Rough day - long road to healing


Jameson is learning to be an African baby and he likes it. She obviously loves babies.

Today was rough, over and over. The night ended peacefully, with singing praises in English and Swahili. The little girl loves to belt out her songs to the Lord in her language and her mom has such a proud smile on her face, when her daughter is singing. They laugh at us as we try to sing, "Tutiman moongooshi" Javier taught the Bible and then she wanted to sit in his lap. The other night she asked me, "Does that man sleep here?" I said, "Yes, he is the daddy, he pays for this house and our food." She is learning what a daddy is. Her mom told me today that she always asks who is her daddy and she tells her Jesus, but she won't listen to that answer. The answer is something she can not understand now and would just bring more pain.


The little girl, H, only wants to eat Injera, Shiro, rice, apples and french fries:). She has good memories of the almost 2 years they lived in Ethiopia as refugees. Today we looked at all of my pictures of Ethiopia and she would point with great excitement and say, "I know that is African car, that is Donkey, that is Ethiopian kids" etc. We also printed off the picture of her as a princess and put it in a frame. She was carrying it around like a treasure. Those were the good times today, but my kids were hurt a lot and are learning how to deal with her, but amazingly they still love her and come right back wanting to play with her and hug her. Kids' hearts are amazing!
The mom also shared with me (without me asking) about her 4 escapes and other tortures. She has pain but it is good she is able to talk about it and share her feelings. When the little girl overheard the mom describing one of the scary stories, she screamed and flailed on the ground. Clearly the most painful thing of all for the mom was when she told me what she had to watch being done to her daughter.
Please cover them in prayer - our God is a God of restoration!
Jeremiah 17:14
Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed;
save me, and I shall be saved,
for you are my praise.

3 comments:

Krista said...

Praying for all of you, Joy!

Andrea Hill said...

I keep writing and erasing and really not knowing what to write on a public blog. Thanks for taking Y and H in. What a heart for Jesus you and your whole family have. You living it out the true way. I know this will be a long road but you are truly putting this out all in faith. People always talk a whole lot what they wanna do or should do but taking but putting there money where there mouth is not many accomplish. This is something to huge, I love you for that and I have never ever adored you more than today for taking this on. Everyone will learn from this including your little ones and they all become stronger individuals because of this. I look at my Danica today and I am in awe to know what she had to go through this with her sister.

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

Oh my heart aches just imagining the pain this family has endured. May blessings to you and your amazing family as you have all stepped out in faith and opened your doors and heart to this family.
Love & Prayers,
Kristy