Saturday, January 17, 2009

Welcome home Andrea, Biruk and Amira



I met Andrea when we were at the beginning of our adoption journey and both of us were part of a pilot program to adopt from Zambia, which shut down. Andrea actually was one of the first families to travel to Zambia but none of the families were allowed to adopt and bring their children home - can you imagine? God knit our hearts together as we shared a love for Christ and we both faced multiple roadblocks. She was a great encouragement to me and still is. We were hoping to travel together, but instead she just came home with her 2 precious 4 year olds - Biruk and Amira. We were able to visit them when we went to Ethiopia. They really are just amazing, sweet children. Andrea, I am so glad you have your children home!

5 comments:

jeanette said...

they are just adorable! I'm so glad they're home. I know Andrea has gone thru so much to bring them home. Congratulations Andrea!

Unknown said...

Those kids are too cute! What is it that makes those Ethiopian kids so darn cute?!!

Andrea Hill said...

Joy, I love you. You are amazing yourself and thanks for welcoming me home. I am so happy we finally both have our children home. What a long journey for us but they are all home now. At last.

Chris said...

I am so happy for Andrea,
The children looks so good and happy. And she deverved it so much.
Now It 's Deanne's turn to bring her baby home .
How are you Joy ?

Chris said...

10 more days until your due date !!! YAY