Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mischief

Actually Javi has been across the country on business, so that has added to the excitement- or should I say nervousness - of having so many contractions :). It has also added to our crazy lives here at home. Thankfully my mom came to help 2 afternoons to help watch kids and make dinner and get the kids ready for bed, which is the hardest time of the day for me without Javi.

The boys seem to be a little more bold and mischievous every day. Yesterday I heard clanging in the laundry room (door shut). I opened the door to find this. Josiah is obsessed with the vacuum, broom and dust buster - so he had the vacuum out and Jeremiah was sucking on dog food and both were making a big mess - or maybe Josiah was trying to vacuum up the mess :) - yeah right.

Then today I was trying to get in a quick shower and in come the boys. We have this snail shower that has no door. I never thought of it being an issue with babies, but they just came right in with diapers, socks and pjs on and got soaking wet. They have never done that before. I called for Julia to quickly get the camera. Now I need to think of a plan to keep them busy while I shower.

"Hey - who turned off the water?"
Look at that face - he looks like he is saying "Am I in trouble? Did I do something wrong?"
So since they were already wet, we just stuck them in the tub.

We tease that Jeremiah is a bullfrog - anyone remember that song? . . .Jeremiah was a bullfrog (danana) a mighty good friend of mine (danana) . . . . . .. . .Singing joy to the world, all the boys and girls now, joy to the fishies in the deep blue sea, joy to you and me(etc.)

OK - so back to Jeremiah - he has this really long tongue that curls up and he sticks it out all of the time. I don't mean like normal babies that play with their tongues - no this kid can touch his tongue to his nose - literally like a frog. I have tried and tried to capture it in photos and this was the best I could get.
All that mischeif is sure exhausting!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Love the pictures! I don't post often, but I've been following your blog since you left Hope. Checking regularly now to see if you've had your baby and see what all your kids are up to! They are all beautiful! Rebecca

Mona said...

Jeremiah and I have something in common. I can touch my nose with my tongue, too (I can't believe I just admitted that)! :-) I love following your blog. The boys look great!

Crystal said...

They are to sweet!! I love it! Boys are so much fun!May God give you renewed enrgy well Javi is away!!I have been nine pregant and husband gone and four little ones at home. Its trying!!

Amber said...

Dog food huh? Well, I need to remember that kids will stick just about anything in their mouths. Thanks for sharing the pictures.