Tuesday, January 13, 2009

2 cm - every cm helps

I found out this afternoon that I am 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced. I was encouraged that my contractions and pain the last several days have been doing something. Usually I don't know when I am in real labor because I have so much preterm labor. With 3 out of 5 of my babies, my Physicians Assistant has had to tell me that I was at 5 cm and in labor and to get to the hospital (the other 2 were induced). You would think I should know by now. My doc said I probably have a week before delivering - I am not getting my hopes up. Joanna was 5 days late!

8 comments:

Matt and Lindsey said...

Yippee! Bring on Jameson! :-) Looking forward to meeting him!

Krista said...

How exciting! Ever cm does help! We'll be praying for a healthy, smooth delivery for little Jameson!

With my boys, I always hoped that the dr. would tell me I was at 5 cm & to go directly to the hospital! That's awesome that happened to you 3 times!

The Sheppard Bunch said...

Sorry to hear that you are in preterm labor! That can't be easy with 7 kids running around!

Chris said...

YAY :)
Can;t wait to see the new addition :)
I had 2 babies at 37 weeks . It was so nice :)

BUILDING WITH 6 said...

Yeah- I just looked at your blog for a split second was wondering where the other 3 babies were in the babystrology pic. So sorry....it was funny though. Praying for a healthy delivery and for the rest of the family too!

ellerbee eight said...

Yay for little Jameson! I can't wait to see his little sweet face! Praying for a safe arrival!

Amber said...

So close! You are super-women!

Andrea Hill said...

Wow Joy, you are almost there. I can't believe how the time flew by. You are soon the proud mommy of 8 beautiful children.