Thursday, December 11, 2008

Pregnancy update

So many of you have emailed and asked me how my contractions/pregnancy are going (it is easier just to post than email each back). The days before we left and in the airport I had quite a few contractions, but I did get wheel chair service a couple of times in the DC airport (per doctor's orders) which helped in that big airport (oh and I wore beautiful compression hose). I was fine in Ethiopia except for when we were on all of the bumpy roads. The worst day was the day before we left Ethiopia - the day we officially got our babies full time. Of course I was carrying them constantly and trying to pack and lug around suitcases. I was in a lot of pain and struggled to walk. I prepared Javi that we might need to go to the hospital that night to stop the contractions since these were different and more painful. I was fine after sleeping that night, but my suspicions were confirmed last week at my OB appointment. The contractions were doing something because the baby has dropped. Now my contractions have been better, but I feel so much pressure especially by the end of the day. All of this is normal for me and actually being home bound because of the boys is probably best for my body too so that I don't over do it.

2 comments:

Christie said...

I'm so happy to hear you're ok - and reading the blog updates and seeing all the pictures of Toukoul has made both AB and myself miss our ET friends. Seeing Solomen in the background was very sweet for us - as he was our guide while there.

So glad you're home and the boys are safe and sound where they belong. What a blessing!

Hug!

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

Hi Joy,
Thanks so much for the updates! I have no idea when you are finding the time to update your blog. I think that my blog is growing cobwebs these days!
I am so enjoying the pictures of your two newest blessings and I can't wait to see photos of the new little one soon!
Blessings,
Kristy