Monday, December 1, 2008

Great Blessing/ Doctor Appointments




Look at my 2 teeth!

What a love!

You can see his cheeks are still pretty bad, but hopefully healing

Here is a shot of my poor Josiah's skin, Jeremiah's is not much better

It was such a great surprise and blessing to find our pantry and freezer stocked with all kinds of things from hamburger helper, chili and applesauce, to frozen meals and muffins. Thank you to everyone who sacrificially helped me last minute and to my sister who organized it. I didn't fully realize quite the blessing that it would be until today. Javier starts another big account today and will work through the night/early morning so I will have no relief and the tiredness is still overwhelming from about 2 pm on. The 3 of us and the boys have been basically sleeping from 3 pm until 1 or 2 am and getting up around 4 am. Josiah is a wonderful sleeper so far, but Jeremiah wakes up at 1 and starts clapping and screeching and fussing for a bottle until we get up around 4 am. We are all struggling to adjust to this time change.

The other reason it is such a blessing is because the doctor says that not only is Jeremiah possibly still contagious with his chicken pox, but both have open sores that could get easily infected so I can not go out to a grocery store at this point. Each have 4 prescriptions I need to fill (for the things I mentioned before), and I need to buy a few other things so hopefully I can get out to Target really quick with everyone. The doctor's plan is to see the boys once a week until we get on top of everything. She just started with the worst things today (strong antibiotics for bad colds/preventing infection of wounds, itching, eye infection, scabies). She will worry about blood tests and shots later thank goodness.

The doctor said that Jeremiah seems bright, extremely happy and well nourished. Josiah, however, has obvious signs of malnutrition (one being his protruding large forehead and the other being the lack of teeth) and he appears more traumatized, but secure with us.

Yesterday Josiah screamed and flailed inconsolably most of the time from about 9 am - 2 pm. He wanted to sleep but his tummy was obviously in pain - the same thing that happened on our 10 hr flight from Rome to DC. Today he is super happy running around and we even heard him babble a little besides his happy squeals.

Jeremiah stands alone for a few seconds at a time, cruises around furniture and crawls like an inchworm (both hands then both feet). He is super active and happy.






7 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update, Joy! Glad to hear that your doctor is on top of everything. It's going to be so amazing to see what a difference your family and a bunch of yummy food will do for sweet Josiah over the next few months. Let's fatten that boy up! I told Jeanette to let us know when your food supplies are running low so we can restock. Hugs to everyone!

Mona said...

Thanks for keeping us informed. Oh, Joy, you are so in my prayers! It will get better soon, I know it. Soon the boys will be on U.S. time and will be feeling better. God
Bless!

Jenni said...

It is so amazing to actually see your boys at home!
So thankful that you had a safe trip and I pray that everyone gets adjusted quickly so that you can catch up on your sleep before the baby arrives.
I am so happy for your family!

Linda said...

Congrat's on your new family members. Hoping and praying that you all get over jet lag and illness's quickly and can start your happy family life with all your new little ones.. Linda

Amber said...

Wow, sounds like you have a lot on your plate. You are definitely super mom but don't try to do it all yourself, ask for help when needed. I'm praying for you and the boys.

Chris said...

JOY!
I love the pictures . Keep them coming . They are so so cute :) They look great in brown and baby blue . Ava looks great in brown and pink.
Hope that they feel better soon. I had chicken pox in my twenties and it does hurt :( Poor babies.
I agree with Amber . ask for help . I wish I was closer I would love to help you .
Love
Chris

The Sheppard Bunch said...

I read about the boys not being well and you not being able to go to the store. If you need any groceries or anything let me know. I live in Queen Creek too so we are neighbors : )