Thursday, November 20, 2008

We Are On Our Way



Notice - Javi shaved his mustache in honor of picking up our boys. I have only seen him one other time with no mustache





I am typing this on the plane from PHX to DC and I will post this once we get to our hotel in DC. I can’t believe we are finally on our way to pick up our babies. Finally, now that the business of getting everything done is over, I sit here catching myself in tears on and off. Janae and I were just thinking about how our return flight will be so different with 2 little boys on our lap, trying to keep them happy, fed, asleep and entertained – no time for reading our books.

Yesterday the Lord settled my heart as I read about His sovereignty. I can’t say I was so worried, just frustrated and filling my mind with temporal things and moaning about the “what ifs” (with the various skin problems/outbreaks). It is really all so insignificant and by taking my eyes off of the Lord and His divine plan in all of this, it was robbing my joy and preventing me from giving Him the glory. After reading in the Word of His greatness and control over all things, I read Psalm 19:7-8 “The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple; The precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart” Oh this was so true. God’s word put everything back into perspective and allowed me to purely rejoice in Him whether or not we bring home contagious stuff or not. Why do I delay so in turning to His word sometimes?!

Rejoicing up here in the heavens He created,
Joy



PS - we are here at the hotel. It is so freezing cold to us - a big difference from the 80's in PHX!Everything has gone great. We chose the cheapest hotel near the airport that we could find and it is nice and new and they gave us a 2 bdrm suite! Janae is excited to have her own room. When we got here we asked if they had any restaurants close by and they told us that they have a free taco buffet bar and free drinks tonight. It was such a blessing to check in and get a big hot meal right away and visit a little with some hot chocolate. There is also free breakfast in the morning - all for $65/night - can't beat that! We are already ready for bed, but waiting to hopefully meet up with the other family we are traveling with. Here is their blog. Lokk at their adorable twins!http://okragirls.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

Dawn said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I look forward to following your journey to your boys.
http://wehavebeenblessed.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Praise Him that all has gone so well today! So thankful that you are safe in D.C. and that all the luggage made it that far! What a blessing to be able to stay in the warm hotel and get a good hot meal quickly so that you can get to bed early for the LONG flight tomorrow!

All is great here with the other 4 kids! Love ya all - Grandma

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for that post and your amazing insights into your journey and your heart! And, Javi looks super handsome! It was just the same way when Juan shaved his face - I'd only seen it that way a couple of times in 15 years. And, now he's kept it off for maybe a year. It's nice!! He looks so much younger - Javi, too. So happy for you guys! Give those boys huge kisses from all of us!

Chris said...

Joy . I am so exited for you . I am also glad that you got to enjoy the cold weather a little . It was 30 here today . ARGGGGGGG Hate the cold and it will only get worst :(
Sorry I didn;t answer your email yesterday morning . You snet it on my hotmail and I didn;t look at that address yesterday . Just saw it tonight :(
Glad that you post and I will be thinking of you . When are you leaving DC?
Oh and Javi is pretty hot without a mustache :)
Hugs to you .
Chris

Andrea Hill said...

yeah I bet you can't stand the cold air. I am soooo happy beyond myself that you are finally leaving. So amazing. I'll keep praying, especially for you and your baby in your tummy that all goes well and you come home quick and safe.

Matt and Lindsey said...

It's so good to hear from you! You've been in my thoughts and prayers all day! I'm sitting here in awe of God's provision of meals and shelter tonight! He works out all of the details so nicely, doesn't he! Javi looks great without his mustache! I'm so incredibly excited for you all! I can't wait to see you all snuggling your boys!

littlemomentsinaz said...

Congratulations!!! I am looking forward to reading all about your journey. Enjoy everything you encounter for God's grace is with you.
Stephanie

jeanette said...

we're praying for you over here! hey-send some of that cold air back home!

momoffaith said...

I am so excited reading your blog. I am picturing it like I am there with you! It is wonderful that you are able to share this precious time with Janae. I know she will cherish these days forever! Love, S

rachel said...

i am so excited! i hope you are able to post once while you are there! i can't wait to see them in your arms!
warmly,
rachel

dkt said...

So exciting!

Lord's blessings to you!!