Thursday, November 6, 2008

Nesting??












2 weeks and counting . . . . Here is what we have been up to:
Besides daddy putting up the batting cage, Christmas tree and landscaping, the kids cooked up 15 lbs of meat to freeze in baggies for easy dinners once the babies are here, wrapped some Christmas presents, washed cars, scrubbed highchairs, car seats and exersaucer, cleaned for our homestudy update inspection, packed (still a work in progress), went to PE, played outside countless hours in the beautiful weather, drank hot chocolate and made apple crisp, made birthday cards and are studying some books about Ethiopia and Amharic (their language). I have been running a lot of errands, working on piles of paperwork, scheduling bills to be paid and making phone calls etc. Not only do we need to get ready for our trip and our new life with our 2 little guys, but there are also so many normal life things and house projects that we just need to do while we have the time and energy. I have been having a lot of contractions the last week from running around, so the kids have been cheerfully helping me so much and I am trying to sit more and drink more H2O. Hopefully we will get grass in the back on Saturday!

8 comments:

Tania said...

2 weeks!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Oh my gosh Joy, I can't even believe it. Take tons of pictures, take lots of notes (for those of us behind you), and enjoy every second of J and J's home country. And if you can, sneak Sabah home in your suitcase for me!!!! heehee

Chris said...

Wow You are there girl :)
Can you believe that in 2 weeks you will be holding your precious littel boys:) I am so happy for you.
BTW how the heck are you findng all of your time to do all of what you are doing with 5 kids and pregnant ?????You are amazing ;)
Hugs and love to you and I can't wait to hear about your trip !!

littlemomentsinaz said...

wow only 2 weeks. I can not wait to read all about your journey. Sounds like you guys have been super busy. It is also nice to see that some else has their tree up too. Hopefully the next couple of weeks will breeze by. Congratulations in advance and we will be praying for you trip safety and family staying at home.
Stephanie

Amber said...

It is so exciting to see your bags getting packed! Whoo...hoo! How are you feeling?

Unknown said...

I just got your email about your sweet little boys from a woman in my MOPS group. What an amazing story! I must say that I am in awe of your generosity and amazing mothering...and you're pregnant too??? Wow! And I thought I was tired being pegnant with our third :) I wish you all the best and hopefully will be able to accumulate some things to get to you for the boys. I've spent time in foreign ophanages and they are always so sad. I pray someday my husband and I can bring some little babies home who are in need of love and acceptance. God bless you and your family!

Andrea Hill said...

Okay my dear friend and now it's time to sit down and relax some or I am gonna have to fly out to AZ.
Love ya super woman.

rachel said...

Go YOU!!!!! you guys rock! wanna come over and help us get organized when it's our turn to head to ethiopia? :) you're so close now....

Anonymous said...

I do not see any work done this weekend?