Thursday, September 4, 2008

We are EVEN - the boys finally caught up after 9 years!

Saturday I will be 19 weeks - almost 1/2 way done. We had our ultrasound and the baby looks great and is healthy - Praise God! The technician was so thorough explaining everything and there was a flat screen tv on the wall for us to watch the ultrasound which was nice. When we found out we were pregnant Javier did not want to find out. I did not approach the subject until a few weeks ago and I explained my reasons why I would like to find out and he said that was fine. I was shocked - he wasn't just appeasing me, he was really being thoughtful. (I think how and when we approach our husbands makes a big difference) Since then, I kept asking if he is sure and he said yes. So today we found out.


18 wks 5 days

meeting Daddy for lunch so we could reveal the news together to the kids - They each opened a card - some said "its a boy" and some said "its a girl" -So whichever there were more of was the answer


Jordan started cheering and high fiving his Dad. The girls were all fine either way and had good attitudes - they just care about holding a baby. Can you believe this? After 9 years with all these girls and only 1 boy, we will be tied up - 4 girls and 4 boys! It will make preparations, choosing a name, and passing down clothes much easier, but 3 boys under 2?! Wow - seriously I need prayer for an increase in energy. I have struggled after 2 of my babies' births with feeling overwhelmed and exhausted/lacking normal energy. I know that a good diet, B-12 and exercise helped before, but if you have any suggestions of specific things or other tips to help my energy now and especially postpartum, please share them.

15 comments:

Matt and Lindsey said...

Congratulations! Yes, you will definitely need more energy with boys! It will be a whole new dynamic in your house! You might need to see my chinese med doc to help with fatigue! :) I'm so excited for your family! 3 under three should be too bad in itself...we had 4 3 and under at the beginning. If we could survive, you'll be smoothly sailing through! :) Of course, always remember that you have friends (like us) and a great family willing to step in at anytime to help in whatever you need.

Chris said...

YAY !! I knew it ! I knew it lol
Told you you would have a boy :))
Wow 19 weeks already .
Try to get some rest . Boys are very active and 3 under 2 OH my , You might start drinking lol
Congratulation
Hugs

Cory, Lisa, and Weredesh said...

How and when we approach our husbands makes a HUGE difference!!!

Congratulations!

~ Lisa

Leah said...

so wonderful, you are a awesome person, if I had one single ounce of what you have daily, I would and could be a better person. You are in my prayers nightly, you are amazing! I look forward to meeting you, I will drive to you as soon as our babies come! AND lets hope before xmas! Blessings

Krista said...

Congratulations!!!! That is soooooooo exciting!

I really cannot believe that the boys have caught up with the girls!!!! That is wild--after such a head start for the girlies in your family!

Anyways, congratulations! I am excited for the 10 of you! You look great, by the way! Also, no advice regarding increasing energy! I will pray for you, though! And if you find a special energy potion, please share!!!

Kristen said...

Yahoo! Congrats to the boys (and girls too!)

keelstar said...

Congratulations Joy!! That is such exciting news! I cannot believe that Javier let you find out! Husbands definitely can surprise us sometimes with their response, and yes, you are right...timing is everything! Wow, 4 of each! God is so gracious! Blessings, Keely

Megan Bonnin said...

How FUN! It kind of feels like cheating when you find out early, but it is definitely awesome! I guess you guys are going to more outdoorsy and adventurous now! Congratulations...God is so awesome in picking our children and when they come into our lives!

Amy said...

Yeah! 4 boys, 4 girls will be so much fun! Congratulations! Praise God that the baby is doing well!

Andrea Hill said...

Joy, I knew it. I was so praying that you would have the perfect match! And now you do. Now it would be nice if you baby boy could look like Janae and Joanna and then it's even more perfect. I know, I am asking for a lot. But I think now are the miracles are happening because God has finally chosen you for HIS perfect timing. By the way, you look just beautiful pregnant and your belly is growing just right. Soooo happy for you and your family.

Amber said...

So I'm a little slow so bare with me. You are adopting 2 boys from Ethiopia and you are pregnant with a boy? Wow...You are amazing!

Chris said...

OMGOSH JOY. Just saw the picture of your baby . The ultrasound one :)))))The first of him:)))
We can see him so clear . I am so exited for you .
Did you pick a name yet ?

BUILDING WITH 6 said...

Yeah...Congratulations to your whole family! What a Huge Praise! I'm so excited for you all! I am no help on energy...whatever you learn pass along to me! :)Love Kami

Christie said...

CONGRATS! That's awesome - so happy for you!

Lori said...

Joy,
I have enjoyed reading through some of your blog. I just started blogging back in March and I love it!! I am praying for peace and lots of energy for you!! It was nice meeting you at PE. I look forward to seeing you again.
Lori
homeschoolblogger.com/pearcefamily