Sunday, September 14, 2008

1/2 way done and praying for a way

Did you see on my ticker to the right? I am 1/2 way done with this pregnancy? Yay! I am very thankful for my pregnancy and baby, but I don't LOVE being pregnant like some women. My pregnancies are not that "fun" between the sickness, acne, aches and pains, preterm contractions and sometimes bedrest, but I do LOVE the births and the babies that come from it -so it is all worth it. I see the doctor tomorrow and am hoping to see what he thinks about me traveling to Ethiopia. Maybe I should bring him chocolate :).

We (especially Janae and I) are praying that the Lord would provide a way for her to go with us to Ethiopia. She has been a big part of this adoption from the beginning. Before we ever decided to adopt and she knew we were discussing it, she hid notes all around (under daddy's pillow, in the car, in drawers) asking if we could please adopt and promising to help -oh and she had all the kids sign the notes:). She has a tender heart and she just loves these boys already just as she loves her current siblings. I think it would be a life changing experience for her that I hope may plant a seed as she starts to think and dream about her future and the purpose/work the Lord has in store for her. We talked that it may not be God's will for her to go, just as it may not be His will for me to go, but God's word says we do not have because we do not ask, so ask the Father - which is exactly what we are doing.

1 comments:

Andrea Hill said...

I too pray for Janae to go. She is so amazing and mature for her age. I can't believe you are half way through your pregnancy. Love the 1/2 pics of your boys!