Friday, July 25, 2008

OH HAPPY DAY!!!

Proverbs 25:25 "As cold water to a weary soul, So is good news from a far country."


Psalm 144:15b "Happy are the people whose God is the Lord."


Oh Praise the Lord! He has heaped His blessings on us and our sadness has turned to rejoicing! Yesterday the Lord blessed us with 2 sons. Yes, we got it- we finally got our referral for 2 precious boys ages 4 months and 15 months. They are not biological siblings, but as precious as can be. We are overjoyed and humbled at the Lord's gift to us.


Here are some interesting and cool facts concerning these boys and how they were "set apart" for our family. The baby, who I think we will call Jeremiah, was born in March on my niece's b-day. Janae and Julia have b-days at the end of March, so we will now have 3 b-days within 10 days of each other (4 if you count my niece too). The older boy, who I think we will call Josiah, is 11 months older than Jeremiah and 14 months younger than Joanna who is currently our youngest. Then Jeremiah and our baby in my womb will be about 10 months apart. I can not believe the spacing. We were prepared that we might get 2 close in age or basically have 2 little babies once this baby was born or 2 - 2 year olds or 2 -4 year olds, but it is almost a natural spacing as if they fall right in place with the ages of our other children. Jeremiah, the baby is about 1 month older than the baby that I miscarried would have been. I am thrilled that the boys are so close in age because they will be little buddies like Joanna and Jacklyn.


We will likely have to wait 4 more months before we can go pick them up because of court closures for rainy season. We hope to travel in November. My biggest concern is that I would be allowed (by my doctor, airlines? and husband :)) to travel to Ethiopia in my last trimester. After waiting and working on this for over 1 year, I can not imagine missing this. To me it would be like missing the birth of my babies.


PS - sorry I can not post pictures until we pass through court in October, but here is a sneak peak. I can not wait to get my hands on them!


22 comments:

Erica said...

Congratulations!! How very exciting! I didn't realize you were pregnant too! Wow girl! What an awesome God we serve.

littlemomentsinaz said...

Congratulations! God's timing is always perfect. We are so excited for you and the the family. We will pray that you will be able to fly and be there to receive your newest members of the family.
Stephanie Mclaren

momoffaith said...

Joy, Javi and kiddos! Yipee!! That is wonderful news! The Lord is so good! I can't wait to see them too! Love, Susanne

Matt and Lindsey said...

God's timing is perfect and it is incredible to see how He set your boys apart for you. :) This morning, Duncan looked at my computer and saw pics of the boys and said so nonchalantly, "Oh, those are the Diaz babies." We're thrilled for you all and can't wait to meet the three newest additions to the Diaz family.

Jesi Q said...

Woohoo! Congratulations! What exciting things you have to look forward to! I hope your not feeling sick much longer and are able to go shop for and celebrate your two boys! :-D What a beautiful family you have... can't wait to see the faces of the boys!

Chris said...

I am SO happy for you .
They are gorgeous :)
Can't wait for you you have them home . You should rest A LOT right now because in 6 months you will be pretty busy :) Can you believe that you will have 4 kids 2yo and under ?????
Congratulation

Unknown said...

Oh, Joy, I'm so thrilled for you! What a glorious day today is! And, God has had this perfect plan all along - it's so amazing! The pics are so cute - Josiah looks like he's got a little chub! I can't wait to hear the names you're thinking about for baby in belly! Congratulations!!

Amy said...

wow!!! Praise God!!! I am so so excited for you guys!!! I might have to come over to see the rest of those photos! I am looking forward to the next 6 months of life in the Diaz family (not to mention the next 18 years!). We are praising God with you. The feeling is overwhelming (aka - makes me cry!)!!! Praise Him!!!
Love, Amy

Andrea Hill said...

Congratulations!!! Finally your turn has come. And the waiting was so worth it. I am amazed how you have already figured out the spacing and things. That would be you. So, so happy for you. Hopefully your belly won't be so big when it's travel time because I hope you can go. That is your LABOR OF LOVE!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! We are so happy for you. We can't wait to follow your story.

keelstar said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Jeanette emailed me with the good news earlier today (since I'm out of town for 2 weeks and she wasn't sure I'd be checking blogs!). I was absolutely overjoyed to hear about your boys! They sound so precious and absolutely "set apart" for your family! I hope that I get to meet them someday too!!! I'll be praying for a speedy court date!!! Love, Keely

Bennett said...

wow each time I check the boards I see more and more referrals....this is so great, I am so happy for your and family, the small pic looks so cute, those little feet look yummy enough to eat. :)

The Wilkinson's said...

Congrats Joy!!!
I know how long you have waited for this news. Praying for a speedy process for you and your boys!!
Jaclyn

Catherine said...

Congratulations!! Popped over from your sister's blog when she shared the great news with us. God is GOOD!! Praising Him for the way He is working in your family!

Rebecca said...

Oh my!! I am so happy for you Joy!! Makes me a little tired to think about, however!!! :)
A 15 passenger van....really? Wow.
Congratulations, my friend!!

Davene said...

Congratulations!!!! What wonderful news!

My firstborn is named Josiah so, of course, I think that's just the coolest name. :)

I hope that these next months are full of joyous preparation, instead of dragging wearily along. My brother and his wife adopted 3 siblings from Guatemala (among other adoptions in my family), and I remember how long the process seemed and how many delays were part of it. I pray for strength and patience for you...as well as lots of energy to meet the needs of each child each day!!! :)

Krista said...

Wow! I am so thrilled for you guys! How amazing! It is so neat to see God's hand through every little detail of this process! We are so excited to meet the 3 newest members of the Diaz gang!

Jeanette said...

Congratulations!!! God is so good and certainly has blessed your beautiful growing family!

Crystal said...

Congrates!! I am so happy for you! God is good. I hope all will go smooth,now.

Jill said...

Congratulations on your new blessings!

Sandee said...

Congratulations. Somehow I missed your referral! Awesome!

Alicia said...

Congratulations! I haven't been checking since we were in the US and I'm so glad that I did today! Hooray! How wonderful!