Thursday, July 17, 2008

Jacklyn's 4th B-day





Jacklyn saw this boy doll that wets its diaper at Target and really wanted it. She named it Josiah - The Hope of the Nations - Brick Diaz (Brick is from the show Gladiators that they watch with their Daddy :) - Javier grew up going to WWF type wrestling matches with his dad in the DR - so I guess this is what he is passing down from his dad :))
Cousin Love
More Cousin Love
We have a birthday tradition we learned from our years of going to Spanish church. It is "La Mordida" (The bite) - It is where everyone chants La Mordida over and over and then we push the birthday girl/boy's face in a piece of cake - the kids love it, but my dad hates it :).
Here I am with my Beauty on our way to her birthday date. What you can't see are her hot pink boots and her fancy updo. I Love that girl!


Saturday we celebrated Jacklyn's 4th b-day. We all woke up early and met my mom and their 3 cousins at the zoo for a snow and watersplash day around 7 am. The kids played in the snow and then played on water slides. They were giving out free promotional stuff and there was a fire truck etc. We all rode the train around the zoo and it was getting too hot around 10:00 am (that's Arizona for you), but Jackie really wanted to see Kashi, the little orangutan, so we sprayed off with some more water and went to see the Orangutans. Jacklyn kept telling us that her party was sooo fun. The best part is that it was completely free with my mom's super duper zoo pass.

We went to my mom's house and made baby pizzas (the kids made their own with 1/2 an english muffin, sauce cheese, etc). They were so good, fun and easy for the kids to make.
Jacklyn chose to go out with me on her birthday date that night, so once I got over my sickness, we headed out to Denny's. She said she either wanted PF Changs or Denny's. Luckily PF Changs is much further from our house (and way too expensive), so we went to Denny's. Javi's boss once took our whole family out to PF Changs and now they all beg to go there :(.

4 comments:

Matt and Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday Jackie! :) It looks like you all had a blast at the zoo!

BUILDING WITH 6 said...

Looks like lots of fun. My picky eating kids LOVE PF Changs too- they eat so well there. We don't get there very often...especially these days! Hope you're doing well. Kami Crisanti

Andrea Hill said...

Happy Birthday Jacklyn. Glad you you able to post all those precious pics. I loved the one with you and Jackie and the two cousins sitting together. Priceless!

Amy said...

I always forget that your Jackie and my Jack are not that far apart. Jack told me that Jackie was in his class last Sunday and it was her birthday. Jack is only 8 months older than Jackie. The zoo on snow and water day was a great idea! I hope you are feeling well!