Thursday, July 19, 2007

Home for abandoned babies


Oh how my heart breaks, yet in the same breath rejoices! We heard from our adoption director that there is a house being started for abandoned babies. It is about 80% finished and only needs about $4500 to complete it. Our agency will partner with them and others to help provide support to help these babies/children! Praise God! What broke my heart is where they are finding these abandoned babies - at the latrine pit. Yes - where the waste is dumped. Who knows the reasons why they are dumped there, all we know is that the mothers are in desperate circumstances and our response must be that of compassion and love in action.

Oh - Lord save and set apart one or 2 of these babies for our family like you set apart Moses as a baby. May our children cry out to You one day, "For You formed my inward parts, You wove me in my mother's womb. I will praise You for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Marvelous are Your works, and my soul knows it very well!" (Psalm 139:13-14)

0 comments: