Thursday, January 24, 2013

Trip to Captiva Island

Javier's company had a managers and sales meeting on one of Florida's islands Jan. 10-13.  They invited the spouses to come along, so the baby and I joined him.   Javi and I actually weren't together much except for lunches and dinners.  One day they did end the meetings a little early so we had some free time to go kayaking for an hour.  I just enjoyed my quiet time with Jaxton sleeping in and skipping breakfast, snuggling and smelling his sweet skin and just going on walks around the island or along the beach.  I hooked up with the other wives in the afternoons to visit and "shop".  The weather was in the 80's, the water around 70 degrees and a nice breeze all day.  It was so beautiful and relaxing.  The food was always an amazing buffet.  Each night there was always some kind of seafood - shrimp, king crab, salmon, tilapia etc with other kinds of meat and things.  But being from the desert, it is a nice treat to enjoy some fresh seafood.  The last night was Caribbean theme and there was jumbo shrimp and huge lobster tails - mmmm.

Jaxton was seriously perfect on the trip.  We flew for a total of 6 hours each way and he literally never made a peep besides coughing.  He also never fussed at all when he was around people.  (he just fussed with me when I had to put him down for a long time to shower and get ready)  I think he loved being passed around and held by so many ladies and the warm weather must have just knocked him out.

Thanks to my mom who moved in and took care of all the kids and thanks to my sister who took a few each day for sleepovers and church and thanks to my dad who fixed some things and built a goat pen while we were gone.

 Jaxton's 1st airplane ride


1 comments:

Ransomed~Redeemed said...

Wonderful. You deserve a break!