Saturday, November 17, 2012

Jaxton Elijah was born Thursday at 4:40 pm.  He weighed 6 lbs 8 oz and was 20.5 inches long.  He is healthy, alert, nursing well and as precious as can be.  We think he looks like Joshua did at birth.  He has blue eyes and light brown hair.  This was my fastest labor yet with only 40 minutes from start of contractions to his birth, however, I labored about 20 hours the previous Friday with no baby at the end, so I guess the Lord had mercy on me after all that :).  I just got home from the hospital this afternoon, so I will try to upload and post more pictures and the birth story soon, but I wanted to share the news and post a picture of our sweet little luv.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Hooray, Joy! It is the first thing I asked your dad about this morning. Jaxton is a doll, and will fit right in with all of the other beautiful babies you raise...congratulations.

Katrina said...

He is just beautiful!!! Congrats!!!

Chris said...

You guys know how to make beautiful babies. Do not change the recipe :)
Congrats to both of you. xoxo

Andrea Hill said...

Awhhh, he looks just like Joshua. So glad he is here and I am so happy he made it before Thanksgiving. Congratulations, beautiful friend. Hope you have a somewhat relaxing holiday weekend.

Unknown said...

So excited for you all!! Thanks for posting the pic :) Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving - Jeanne O