Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Joshua - 5 weeks-Mr. Blue Eyes

(I posted 3 new posts - so check below)





















Here is the first glimpse of his bright blue eyes. We are still so, so in love. He is still rarely put down because there are so many people wanting to hold him, but thankfully he does like his swing too.


He nursed great his first week (never took a single bottle) and then struggled after that. The problems started when he was 6 days old. He would not latch or eat for more than 13 hours and was totally content - not crying or gassy. I took him to the doctor and she ran tests for various things, but found nothing. Then he nursed little bits, but since then he had trouble either refusing to latch after 30 minutes each time of trying or just play around and slobber, so I would often pump and then feed him, but I couldn't keep up with that and take care of 9 kids. One day he would nurse well, then the night he would refuse or visa versa. My body was so confused and I was leaking and in pain all the time. He nursed less and less and so now at almost 6 weeks he is on formula. I had a few good cries, but it is ok and he will be fine.


I still sleep with him on my chest every night. I never did this so much with any other baby, but I am just cherishing those sweet bonding moments as much as possible. He has been sleeping through the night now for about a week, but the real test will come when I put him in his own bed :).

2 comments:

Andrea Hill said...

Those eyes are amazing! Thanks for posting your little new prince. He is so beautiful.

rachel said...

oh he is just precious! and i love the pic of you at the wedding. you look gorgeous!