Friday, October 9, 2009

Fabulous Find Friday

If you only know me through the blog, you may not know that I buy EVERYTHING from garage sales. Every piece of furniture in our home was either passed down to us for free or bought at a garage sale with the exception of 1 set of couches and a huge coffee table my dad made custom for us. I think every decoration and all my curtains were also garage sale finds and most of the kids' toys and clothes are from garage sales. Well, I think I hit the jackpot the other day. I found this solid wood wardrobe thing for $20! The kids had fun pretending it was the wardrobe from Narnia, but now I put in the shelves that came with it and it holds our school stuff. I was needing more storage to organize my school stuff and I would have spent the same amount on 3 big tubs at Targ*t. This is how we save so much $, but have everything we need/want. I just might make this a regular post on Fridays :).

6 comments:

Chris said...

OMG Joy . Beautiful .
I wish I was living closer . Need to find some good yard sake here :(

Julie said...

That is GORGEOUS! I love garage sales. I don't love waking up early on the weekends so me and garage sales don't see each other very often. I'm more likely to find my deals at thrift stores which have more reasonable hours :-)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . G. Lopez said...

Hi, just want to say that you have a beautiful family.
That's a nice find from the garage sale, we also have a similar system to decorate and fill our house. We call the garage sales "boutique" (right spelling?).
You are welcome to stop by my rookie blog anytime.

Andrea Hill said...

What a nice piece of furniture. I would have bought that myself. What a great price.

Krista said...

Love, love, love your great find, Joy!!!! What a deal!

Dave & I have long said that you and Javi should write a book about faithfulness with finances. . . maybe "Fabulous Find Friday" could eventually turn into that book :)

rachel said...

wow, that is awesome!!!! great find, joy!!!