Tuesday, August 4, 2009

1 more thing . . .


This was supposed to be in my last post - sorry. We got our first egg yesterday! I know it is tiny, but it is a start - the kids were so excited. Jordan does most of the care for the chickens - he is a hard worker around here. It turns out our dog caught one chicken and it died, then 3 died in a storm and now we are left with 7 hens and 6 roosters I think - oh well. I think we will be having some rooster soup pretty soon :). We are officially farmers!

5 comments:

Andrea Hill said...

Go Jordan. I am so proud of you.

Matt and Lindsey said...

Woo hoo! I remember how excited the boys were when they found our first egg. It was as if they found gold! :-) I'm glad your egg production team is getting to work! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Pops,
I am so proud of you, you are a hard worker, you take care of those chickens like no one else could. I am thinking about changing your name to John, like Farmer John!!!

I love having a big Farmer boy in our family.

Love,
Big Daddy

Unknown said...

That's awesome! Collecting eggs every morning will be so much fun. Did you ever get the wings trimmed?

rachel said...

very cool, joy! we thought about having hens, but we didn't want to attract poisonous snakes into our yard with the kids and all. plus, we have a pretty small backyard. boy will you enjoy those fresh eggs! yum!