Friday, June 5, 2009

adoption friends, tractor & cute baby - oh my!

Leah and I both adopted Ethiopian babies through the same agency and live in the Phoenix area and met in person a few weeks ago at my house. Last night we went to her 30th b-day bash about 1 1/2 hours away. We had a fun time at her dad's house with a comedic murder mystery dinner. You can see below that there were some actors that barged through their door and started the night out. Javier was taken by surprise when the nerdy guy was at the door going crazy hugging people like he was at his class reunion- and Javier was thinking, "Who is that goof?" Then they passed out roles and hats to different people to get the guests involved in the action. We laughed a lot and the food was great too. Javier and I enjoyed dressing up and having a date night out too. Happy soon to be b-day Leah!

All of our kids together (Jeremiah was sleeping) a few weeks ago at our house.

Leah and me - I am exactly 3 years older - we share the same b-day My hunky husband has lost more than 15 pounds doing the biggest loser competition at work!The nerd that startled Javier :)This is what we woke up to this morning after a late night out. The kids ran out and sat there like statues for a couple of hours watching the action.You can see the kids - remember it was about 6:30 am and so that is why Jo Jo still has her morning afro:).We feel blessed because we got a great tax refund (thanks to all our kids/adoption), a gift from my grandmother who passed away in December and a bonus from Javi's work. We had a set budget and nothing was working out in our budget so we almost gave up. Then some friends recommended a company that actually many people from our church have used. The owner is a Christian man w/ 7 kids and homeschools, so we hit it off with a lot in common and his bid was within our budget. The pool should take about 5 weeks to build. Here is the big hole.
Here is my chub-a-bub - cute little thing. 4 months old and he is THE BEST BABY and seriously has never had a crying fit - ever. Yes he cries (rarely), but it is more like a whimper or complaint - never screaming crying. He flashed me the peace sign the other day - it was too funny. Oh and he got his 2 bottom teeth already!

5 comments:

Matt and Lindsey said...

Woo hoo! That pool looks like it's going to be huge! I'm glad they've started to work on it! Jameson is too cute!

Alicia said...

Happy Birthday Joy! The pool looks like it will be really fun! And that little Jameson is beyond cute.

Unknown said...

You have some early teethers! Hope he's not a chomper! Ouch! :) Are you guys going to do a fence for the pool or are you guys considering the net? Let me know if you want to come try it out.

rachel said...

how cool that you got to meet another adoption avenues family and what a coincidence that you and Leah share a bday!!!

happy birthday, joy!

loved your comment about the afro -- CUTE!

congrats on the pool! there will be many of hours of fun ahead of you!

Andrea Hill said...

That little Jameson looks amazing and so so happy. I can't even begin to imagine how much joy he brings to your family. I hope soon I can wrap my arms around him. I am thrilled for your family that you are able to get a pool. Got to have it in AZ, right?