Monday, May 11, 2009

We got a live-in house cleaner!


With 8 kids I have been praying for some help. Well, Thursday we got a live-in house keeper! He is a big strong black guy, but quiet and so gentle with the kids. This guy keeps our floors immaculate and is so protective of our family. The great thing is that he is athletic and loves to play outside with the kids and lets the kids lay on him and constantly touch him. Its odd, but Javier is not jealous at all having another man in the house- he actually loves him. :0

His name is Checkers, but he has so many nick names like Checky, Checkster and Check Check. He is an 80lb black lab. Our friends, the Crisantis gave him to us. They just had quadruplets 4 months ago (in addition to their other 2 children) so they are a little busy :) and did not really have as much time and space for him, so they offered him to us. The kids begged us, but we have always said we will not take another dog unless it is trained (because we are lousy dog trainers). Well, Checkers is super obedient, gentle and trained. He even sits while the kids eat on the floor in front of him and will wait until we tell him to go clean up. Crumbs are a big problem in our home, but not any more. He follows the kids around and lays quietly by them as they play. The kids gave him a bath today and have been taking him on walks. This morning I saw Janae walking down the street with a big shovel. I yelled to her, "What are you doing?" She told me he went to the bathroom down the street, so she was going to clean it up. Jordan asked me if he should go put out some cones so no one would drive over it - LOL. I am glad she was cleaning it up, but next time maybe she should just take a bag :).
So everyone is happy. They got a dog and I got a house cleaner. Hmmmm - now if i can only train him to clean the bathrooms.

4 comments:

Matt and Lindsey said...

This was so shocking to me on so many levels! :) Congrats on the new family member and the housekeeper. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Joy! I can't believe that you have 2 dogs now! If someone ever would have asked me if you would ever have 2 dogs...haha. What about those chickens? Do you still have them? I've been meaning to ask.

BUILDING WITH 6 said...

Oh...so good to see Checky. He's so happy! I just sent an email to see how he was. I'm glad I browsed over here. Thank you for giving him such a great post!

We miss him but it's so much easier right now with our small house and big family!
I'm glad it all worked out...Huge answer to prayer.

Tania said...

Ah man, such a cute housekeeper too! Maybe I outta get one of those!