Thursday, March 26, 2009

The show down

Oh the joys of living in the country (and crumbs on the floor)! I need to be thankful it was a mouse and not a snake like 2 neighbors found. Javier killed it with a broom and then thought he was funny getting out the little gun. Remember Javier is an expert at this kind of thing from killing rats in Dominican. The first time I went there I freaked out because I saw rats just running on the tops of the walls (there aren't really ceilings in normal houses- just zinc pitched roofs) and nobody even cares. They laughed and said, "Oh they are just playing baseball up there."

Jackie asked what if his whole family comes tonight looking for him. Let's pray that doesn't happen!

8 comments:

Matt and Lindsey said...

Ooh,yucky! Welcome to my world, Joy! Our cats have been bringing us dead gophers each day so far this week. I'm so glad they're dead, but I'd prefer not to see them! :) Way to go Javi! I hope for your sake that the mouse's family doesn't come looking for him!

jeanette said...

I can't believe he beat him to death with a broom. poor mouse!

yes, a mouse is much better than a snake!

Andrea Hill said...

oh that is soooo gross. I think if I ever had a rat or mouse I would have to move out.

Robbin Hopkins said...

I am horrified of mice. Just horrified! Of course the gun is hilarious!!!

As always your family is just beautiful. Every single one!

Robbin

Amber said...

I hate mice and especially rats. I feel bad killing them but then i get over it becasue they are gross.
Havier is so funny with that little gun!
You probably won't believe this but Rick has had not one but two mice crawl up his pant leg in his life so he HATES them. I would freak out if this happened to me.

Amber

Unknown said...

I love the look on Javi's face. haha But, maybe if you had a snake, he would take care of the mouse, right? haha Hope you got my message yesterday about Tracy. Call me if you didn't.

The Okrasinski's said...

well, it was just a mouse. We tend to get bats. It makes for an interesting evening :)

Chris said...

You need a cat or we need a Javier:)