Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Leavin' on a jet plane



We bought our tickets this morning. 24 days and counting -woohoo- Direct flight to Washington DC and then direct flight to Addis Ababa! Also, a family from our agency who is adopting precious tiny twins will get to travel with us as long as they pass court this Friday - please pray for that. This is a double blessing, not only do we get our babies sooner than we thought, but we may also get to travel with another family after all! In case you didn't know, Janae (our 9 yr old daughter) will be traveling with us too. She had been praying fervently about it and Grandma and Grandpa decided to pay for her ticket and she has earned a little money from doing little jobs for my sister and others to help pay for her visa/expenses. She has been diligently saving and hoping to buy all of her siblings Christmas gifts there.

10 comments:

Tania said...

HOW EXCITING. I bought my tickets already (even though I haven't passed court yet), and it is such a great feeling.

If you have a chance to cuddle with the other babies at Toukoul,please hug and kiss on my little Sabah and tell her her mommy is coming SOON(and feel free to take tons of pictures and send them to me). :)

The Okrasinski's said...

Joy that is awesome! Our 5 1/2 year old daughter is coming as well! SHe will be so excited to have another "big sister" to visit with over there! I am praying that we will get to travel together - only God could orchestrate such a thing as this :) Our previous dates, we would have been traveling alone - not something my husband really wanted to do. God's plans are always good!

Jeanne

Matt and Lindsey said...

How long is the flight from DC to Ethiopia? If you leave on the 22nd, when will you be holding your boys (AZ time)? I can't wait to meet the boys! Congrats again!

Amy said...

God is so good!!! We are praising Him with you!

MIlczarek Family said...

Precious! I'm so happy for the Diaz family.... all of you!

Does Jenae do windows??? I'd love to help her out with $$$ or is that too much for a 9 year old to dust the blinds and windex the windows? I can even come pick her up!!!

Maybe next week after I get all of the Halloween stuff put away?

Chris said...

wow !!!
So happy for you :)

Matt and Lindsey said...

You know that ever since you made this post, I've been singing "I'm leavin' on a jet plane...don't know when I'll be back again!" Ha! I can't get it out of my head now!

Crystal said...

Joy I am so happy for you! You know what we will be in Addis Ababa at the same time!!! We don't leave to come home from there until 10:55pm on Sunday the 23! Maybe God will work it out to see each other.

ellerbee eight said...

Look what happens when I don't check my favorite blogs in a few days! WOW! That is awesome. I am so happy for you!

Chris and Sarah said...

Oh my goodness your babies are beautiful!!!!

I am a friend of Jeannette's because are babies were roommates in the orphanage. I saw her post about you and your babies.

Have a wonderful trip and congratulations!!!!