Tuesday, May 6, 2008

More Random Stuff

This is what it looked like before.

After





This is the front room that you see when you enter our home. It is my international flair room and I still need to put up some bamboo/matchstick shades. Every single thing in this room was from a garage sale/second hand except for the curtain rods and big mirror.

Just a cute picture of my "Littles".






-Our papers are in Ethiopia, translated and registered. We are the 5th ones on the waiting list for a referral at our agency, but nobody ahead of us is waiting for little boys, so we are #1 in line for little boys. We are hoping the referral comes soon.








-Jordan's team lost 2 games and is back on a winning streak. He had a perfect batting average for 10 straight games - always got a hit and always got on base every time he was up to bat. Last game he struck out and did not run fast the second time at bat and got out both times. His last time up, he hit a double - so that was good, but his hitting streak was over. We are really proud of him.





-we are getting settled in our home. Things are painted and my dad helped us hang a lot of stuff. I am a little fanatical about having things decorated. A lot of people have been asking me for pictures, but I like for things to be done before I post pictures. I will go ahead and post some pictures even though things aren't totally done. Thanks to my friend Carina who came over and helped me decide where to hang everything.


3 comments:

Matt and Lindsey said...

Wow Joy! You've done such an amazing job in such a short time! You should come over and do our house when you're done. We're decoratively challenged! :) I can't wait to see what you've done with the rest of the house!
Love,
Lindsey

Alicia said...

Everything looks beautiful! Congratulations on the new house. It's such fun to see these pictures--esp. of the kids.
Love, Alicia

Chris said...

Joy,
Congrats on the new house. You and the family have done a great job making it your own so quickly. Hoping and praying for your referral to come in just as quickly for you!!
Thinking of you!
Christine