Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Abortion to Adoption



I watched this video last night and it really stirred me up to speak out and get the word out. I especially want to challenge other believers. Watch the first video and then at the end click to go to the next page. The second video I believe every teenager and adult need to see! (If you are reading this and have aborted a baby, this is not intended to judge you, but I want you to know there is complete forgiveness and healing in Christ.)

A godly woman, Eileen, Job's Daughters who has just adopted 3 children from Ethiopia, posted a few months ago about this topic and I asked her permission to quote it. This is exactly how we feel and is one of the main reasons we feel passionately about adoption.

"I am also convinced that there is a direct correlation to the fact that our country is guilty of the greatest moral failure of all time. January 2008 marks the 35th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, that has resulted in the killing of 43 million babies. I believe with all my heart that God is telling us to rise up and take a stand as HIS people, to show the world that life is sacred! We need to adopt the children that are not aborted and that have no family. What is the point of being pro-life if we are not willing to be pro-adoption!

It is time! We must stand up for righteousness, for the helpless, the unwanted, the underprivileged and the heart of God! We can all play a role in this commission... James 1:27. Some of us will actually adopt these children, some will financially support the adoption with the resources the LORD has blessed them with. Some will be like Rob Mitchell who wrote the book, "Castaway Kid" which tells his story of growing up in an orphanage, never having been adopted. Others will be the prayer warriors and physical support to families. There is no excuse for anyone to be left out of this ministry. We, HIS people, must answer the call! The word says HE desires GODLY OFFSPRING! In Ethiopia alone there are 4.3 million offspring waiting to be taken into Christian homes to be trained in the Godly part!"

I love that Adoption is just 2 letters different from Abortion. I encourage you to watch this video and seek God's heart in all of this. Unwanted babies, orphans, elderly, disabled and the weak of society are not a mistake of God, they are His perfect and good creation and it pleases Him to show His glory and Christ's love as we lay down our comfortable lives and put our faith in action. Let us be His hands and feet.

1 comments:

Kim said...

I have done a lot of research on abortion to give a good reason to defend the voiceless children that die each die. God will require remittance for their blood. It calls out to Him as the bible says. I am shaking because in all my life and research I have never ever seen anything like that. never. I am shaking I can barely cry. I can barely breathe. The film was so moving, and so real. It wasn't out to place guilt or blame just a call to stop. It wasn't out to cover the truth or blast it in your face, just expose it. We must pray that the spirit of abortion turns on itself and that God releases the spirt of adoption on our nation. There will be judgement for these crimes.