Thursday, September 20, 2007

Still pressing on

Someone asked in the comments if we were still pursuing our Zambian adoption with Faithful Adoptions. Yes - we are. We are in a waiting game either way. We sent in our i600A quite a while ago and our homestudy was finished a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, our homestudy agency is just now sending it in this week. Now we just wait for clearance from the government for a 171H (I think). I have seen some come back extremely quickly, in just a few weeks, and others take a few months. For all of you adoption savey people out there, there is no dossier or any other paperwork required for Zambia (at this point). Our agency should receive official registration soon which will allow them to start facilitating adoptions in Zambia. You see, we have to wait anyway - so we just pray and wait on the Lord that this will all work out in His timing. We would love to have our boys by the end of this year, but that may be wishful thinking -not sure. Everything considered, this still may be one of the fastest, simplest programs. We just started the process at the end of June and already have all of our paperwork in - Praise God.

1 comments:

Chris said...

Joy I love your attitude. I wish I was more like you. :)
I have never been the most patient one and this not knowing is driving me crazy. I 'll try to relax about it a little:)
Have a good week end And if you can, swing by for my yard sale:)
Chris